Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summertime

Ha, I bet you thought this post would be about summertime (the season).  Nope, it's about my tap dance recital piece.  It's called "Summertime".

In September, my friend Karen and I took the plunge and started tap classes.  Neither one of us had even taken tap before but love to dance.  Our class was a pretty good size (about 16-18 people) and our instructor is this amazing young man named Kris.

Kris made everything so fun right from the beginning.  If we were having trouble, he would go back and work with us until we got it right.  He spent lots of one-on-one time and through these past 8 months made me feel like I belong in a tap class.

I love all the different people and personalities that are in our class.  There is a kindergarten teacher named Katie who is always bright and bubbly.  Then there is a glass artist named Ada who took a little while to come out of her shell but is a lovely person!  We have a high school student, a registered nurse, and then a gal named Amanda who does some shoe buying for Gravity Pope (my favourite shoe store in the whole world!).  It makes for a very interesting mix and we might never have met eachother otherwise.

I decided not to take tap through the spring and summer because I signed Vaughn up for Mom & Tot dance classes starting end of May and also bought 20 dancefit classes through a dealfind thingy for $20.00.  I've also decided to start training to do Roller Derby and that will take up some time over the summer as well (more on that later).

So... here is a video Kris took of us after an hour and a half long class last week.  I'm in the first minute and a half or so and don't expect you to watch the whole thing.  We'll be performing this piece at our recital tonight.


I think we look and sound pretty good for a group of people that have never had tap shoes on until a few months ago. 

3 comments:

  1. I thought that was fantastic!! And you looked great, Kerry! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was awesome!!! way to go kerry, proud of you! have fun at your recital :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO fun Kerry! You look good out there.

    ReplyDelete