Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dance Dance

Goofy me.  I thought dance classes for me and Vaughn started today.  Nope.  I was really looking forward to seeing him shake his thang.  He's got a few dance moves down:

1) Head bob (think Butabi Brothers from Night At The Roxbury)

2) Spin until you fall over sideways and hit your head on your table and then cry

3) Stiff arm raises

4) Walk in a circle with one leg straight and one leg bent.  Straight leg must stomp when foot hits the ground.

5) Most recent - raise the roof with a whoo-whoo

I'm not exactly sure those are the skills they are looking to enhance but I love how Vaughn just feels the music and goes with it.

He appears to enjoy the more urban style of music, but I'm glad he also has an ear for the Dark Wave tunes that I love.  I have yet to introduce him to Erasure, I'm sure he'll go nuts for them like I do.

I'm also admiring my new diamond earrings today.  Tim bought them for me at Spence Diamonds for Christmas a year and a half ago.  Spence has a great deal that if you want to upgrade, you can return your current pair and as long as you are purchasing a new item worth one and a half times more you can just pay the difference.  No matter how long, the full value of the item you're returning is put towards your new shiny article.

Last Mother's Day, my son was generous enough to upgrade them for me and then this year, Tim convinced him to do it again.  But Vaughn had to wait for daddy to get paid so he could borrow the money.  I can't wait for him to start making me macaroni covered toilet paper tubes and cotton ball covered plates.  I will so cherish arts and crafts made by his chubby little fingers.  It will be so fabulous to see the excitement in his face when he hands me something that HE made and couldn't wait to show me. 

Even though the weekend didn't turn out exactly as planned, it got off to a great start.  I might take Vaughn to the circus today but if the wind dies down I'll take him to the tennis courts with his tricycle instead.  Tomorrow we're having friends over for brunch and then Jen and I are hitting the spa for massages and pedicures.  Yes, another pedicure.  I have horrible feet, but I'm also hoping because I had one last week they won't spend so much time on the pedicure as give me extra massage time.

Okay, back to laundry.  I knew I shouldn't have put it aside this week because now it is waaaayyy piled up and I have a lot of work ahead of me.  And if you get a chance, dance dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment